The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NIH) is one of many organizations that provides patient education and information on sleep related issues and illnesses. One of their most popular tools is the interactive Sleep Quiz.
Consisting of ten questions, the quiz allows you to answer true of false to the following ten statements?
- Sleep is a time when your body and brain shut down for rest and relaxation.
- If you regularly doze off unintentionally during the day, you may need more than just a good night’s sleep.
- If you snore loudly and persistently at night and are sleepy during the day, you may have a sleep disorder.
- Opening the car window or turning the radio up will keep the drowsy driver awake.
- Narcolepsy is a sleep disorder marked by “sleep attacks.”
- The primary cause of insomnia is worry.
- One cause of not getting enough sleep is restless legs syndrome.
- The body has a natural ability to adjust to different sleep schedules such as working different shifts or traveling through multiple time zones quickly.
- People need less sleep as they grow older.
- More people doze off at the wheel of a car in the early morning or mid-afternoon than in the evening.
How well do you think you would do? Take the quiz for yourself and find out.
If you or someone you know is in need of a better night’s sleep, contact us for a no obligation consultation. We are the sleep specialists at Chevy Chase ENT located in the Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. metro area dealing with sleep apnea and sleep-related problems. We can help diagnose your condition, recommend whether a sleep study would be beneficial, and offer you a variety of treatment options including CPAP, Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) and more.